Thursday, March 20, 2008

Welcome, Spring!

According to the calendar, today is the first day of Spring! The Daffodils have broken through the mulch covering but the temperatures are still cool with a high today in the upper 30s and low 40s. The sun is shining and the skies are blue... But then there is that winter storm watch issued last night by the National Weather Service: "A Late Season Winter Storm System Will Have The Potential To Produce Significant Snowfall Amounts Friday Into Saturday Morning Across Much Of Northern Indiana...Southwest Lower Michigan...And Northwest Ohio. Snowfall Accumulations Of 4 To 8 Inches Will Be Possible Before Tapering Off Saturday Morning." Hopefully, this will be the last snow storm this winter, after all, Spring Has Arrived!

4 comments:

Thomas MacEntee said...

Yes, we are expecting 5-7 inches of "snizzle" (snowy drizzle) by tomorrow. Happy Spring indeed.

Jasia said...

I'm not too happy with the weather forecast either. We won't get as much snow as you, 2-3 inches is what they're predicting. But it's still enough to have to shovel. :-7

I don't have daffodils in my yard but I do have crocuses and they are usually the first to push up sprouts... but nothing so far. I think I'm just far enough north of you to make a difference. I think my crocuses are waiting out tomorrow's snow storm underground where it's warmer. Can't blame them really, I'd like to hide out from tomorrow's snow storm too. But I was thinking more like Phoenix, or Vegas...

Becky Wiseman said...

Well, the predicted winter storm turned out to be a dud. In northeast Indiana, we got maybe an inch of a mix of freezing rain and snow Friday night and Saturday morning, but by mid-afternoon Saturday it was mostly gone. That's okay with me though, I'm ready for warmer weather.

Jasia said...

Our 2-3 inches turned out to be 4-10 in the metro Detroit area... guess we got some of yours! This is now officially the 5th snowiest winter on record for us. There's more snow in the forecast for this week so who knows where we'll end up when winter finally makes its exit. I am soooo tired of it all...

We couldn't even take flowers out to the cemetery for Easter because all the graves are covered with snow and with more snow in the forecast there's not much chance of their survival.