Thursday, June 12, 2008

Bah Humbug!

Didn't get no scanning, no organizing, no genealogy done today. It was a day of running errands. Left the apartment at 9 a.m. and just got home 45 minutes ago. It wasn't what you'd call "fun" stuff either. And to add "insult to injury" the price of gasoline jumped 20 cents a gallon sometime between 1 and 2 p.m.

Depending on the station, it is now between $4.17 and $4.20 a gallon here in my area of northern Indiana. You're not going to convince me there isn't some kind of conspiracy or price fixing going on when EVERY station in town raises the price within an hours time! Wanta take bets it will be $5 a gallon by labor day, if not sooner? Ridiculous.

Wouldn't be so bad if it was just the cost of driving, but this affects the cost of everything else that we buy too. Apparently even things that aren't directly dependent upon gasoline - my health insurance premium went up $24 a month last month and apartment rent will go up $25 a month starting next month. Ah well, such is life. Much better than the alternative. Take a deep breath and relax…Actually, I consider myself to be very lucky. I'm not flooded out like the people in southern Indiana and haven't been struck by a tornado or been adversely affected by any other recent natural disaster. I have good health. I have family and friends to depend upon. And I have air conditioning to help me "chill" out!

No comments: