Friday, October 31, 2008

Four in One


left: Charles Romaine Brubaker, born August 19, 1871 (my great grandfather)
right: Hazlette Aileen Brubaker, daughter of Maud Wise and Charles Brubaker, born January 16, 1902 (my grandmother).


left: Virginia Phend, daughter of Hazlette Brubaker and Vic Phend, born May 9, 1928 (my mother).
right: There are no formal "baby" portraits of me, or my younger brother. There are several of my older brother, the first born. And of my sister, the last born. There are a few casual snapshots of me as a toddler, but the picture on the right is the only one taken of me in a formal studio setting. It's a hand-painted black and white photo, dated 1951, so I would have been 3 years old.

Contributed to the 7th Edition of Smile For The Camera :: Oh, Baby!

5 comments:

Taylorstales-Genealogy said...

What a beautiful collection of photos! Lucky you to have those of your gg grandparents!

Janet Iles said...

Those photos are precious. Thank you for sharing them. I love baby photos.

TK said...

This was a great idea, Becky, grouping four generations of baby pix. I'm inspired to go and do likewise, but I'm not sure I've got the goods.

Christine said...

sweet photos! Thanks for sharing all 4 of them

Lisa / Smallest Leaf said...

I'm amazed at your collection of several generations of baby photos. It is hard to believe that you are the one that is missing! I would say, "Shame on Mom and Dad!" but I imagine that their lives were quite busy with four little ones.

Lisa
Carnival of Irish Heritage & Culture
Small-leaved Shamrock
A light that shines again
100 Years in America