In February the decision was made to do some extended travel. A date was set. Plans were made. Furniture was sold. Stuff was disposed of or boxed up for storage. Documents and photos were scanned so I'd have my research papers with me. A new vehicle was purchased. It was a hectic, nerve-wracking time but when September came, I started a new chapter in my life.
I didn't leave genealogy completely behind but it was put on the back-burner. There were new adventures in store and it was very exciting. As every year comes to a close, we tend to review accomplishments and goals. And so it is with the blog. The lists below include some of my favorite posts from 2009 as well as some that were most popular, in no particular order.
The 'Top 10' Genealogy Posts
- The Best Gift - Ever!
- Guess what is (nearly) finished!
- Joslin Family :: Summary of Evidence
- Another one bites the dust...
- Changes are Coming :: The Plan
- Why Wye?
- Jonas Joslin :: Warning Out 1814
- Warnings Out in New England
- John Caspar Stoever and Hebron Lutheran Church
- The 99+ Genealogy Things Meme
- Not exactly of the "Ride 'em Cowboy" genre..
- She had a tight grip...
- She was the chief cook, I was the dish washer
- They've got just a little bling
- Wedding Belles :: Aunt Pat and Uncle Bob
- Niagara Falls :: Awesome!
- A New Experience :: Kayaking!
- Coastal Maine :: Part Two
- Assateague Island :: Sunrise
- Anastasia State Park