Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Guess What's Three!

Today is blogoversary #3 for kinexxions! Three years. Wow, it sure has been interesting!

This past year has had its ups and downs, same as every other year. But in September, family history research was put on the back burner (or perhaps it was thrown in the back seat) when I started doing a bit of traveling. Along with the reduction in time spent on research was a reduction in time spent on blogging, the number of posts this year dropped from over 300 to not quite 200. And, since September, the majority of posts have dealt with me and my travels with a few research posts thrown in now and then.

What I said last year when kinexxions turned two still applies today: For me, one of the best parts of blogging has been making connections, not only with extended family, but with other bloggers and readers. There is a definite sense of community, a sense of belonging to something good, that cannot be surpassed.

If it wasn't for you - my readers, my friends, my family – there would be no reason for kinexxions to exist. I thank you all for your continued support, for your comments, and for your love and friendship.

14 comments:

Carol said...

Congratulations! Three years, WOW!!!

Bill West said...

Happy Blogoversary, Becky! And many more to
come!

Bill

Charley "Apple" Grabowski said...

Happy Blogiversary Becky! It seems like more than three years, things have certainly changed quickly since we started. The kinexxions and friendships made are special. Looking forward to seeing where your 4th year takes you!

Jasia said...

Congratulations on your 3rd blogiversary Becky! I'm so glad you haven't given up on your blog. I feared you might as a result of your extensive traveling. I always look forward to reading your blog even when it has very little to do with genealogy and a lot to do with making your own personal history. Keep on truckin' girl and keep on bloggin' too!

Lori H said...

Happy Blogoversary! Here's to many more years! :)

Terri said...

Congratulations on your Blogoversary! Fantastic!

Julie said...

Congrats, Becky. Keep up the good work!!

Greta Koehl said...

Happy Blogoversary, Becky. Genealogy and travel - the good life; it doesn't get any better, and your pictures and writing do it justice.

Kathryn Doyle said...

Becky,
Congratulations on three years, and here's to many more!

Sheri Fenley said...

HAPPY BLOGAVERSARY TO YOU, HAPPY BLOGAVERSARY TO YOU, HAPPY BLOGAVERSARY DEAR BECKYYYYY, HAPPY BLOGAVERSARY TO YOU!

Amy Coffin, MLIS said...

Congratulations on three years. I wish you the best and many more.

GrannyPam said...

Congratulations on your three years. You made a flurry of posts just when I had to take a little time off from reading, but I have caught up now.

You might want to sleep in the tent, I have always found them quite warm and comfortable. But, I am sure the van is, too.

Tim Agazio said...

Way to go, Becky! I sure am enjoying this travelogue of yours!

Donna said...

Sorry I'm late with this, Becky. But Happy Belated Blogiversary! Looking forward to many more years!!!