Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Wheat Fields of South-Eastern Washington

The rolling hills of south-eastern Washington, between Waitsburg and Colfax (on highways 12, 127 and 26) were fascinating. For mile after mile there is almost nothing except the wheat fields. The pictures simply don't convey the true height of those hills! The wheat had been harvested, the bales of straw had been hauled away, and the fields were being prepped for the next years crop.





As I drove further west, the weather got better!

4 comments:

Tracy said...

Those are the beautiful rolling hills of the Palouse. I graduated from the University of Idaho in Moscow, Idaho, just east of Pullman, Washington, and LOVED my time there. It is definitely beautiful country.

Michelle Goodrum said...

My, my you are traveling on some of the backroads!

I spent some time in that part of the state while attending Washington State Univ in Pullman. The rolling hills in the area truly are beautiful.

Amy Coffin, MLIS said...

These are lovely. You really are an amazing photographer. I've had so much fun tagging along on your adventures.

Miriam Robbins said...

The beautiful Palouse (rhymes with goose: puh-LOOSE)! It is the breadbasket of the world, and is one of the loveliest spots on earth. Thanks for highlighting it, Becky!