Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Kinexxions is four years old!

It's hard to believe that I've been blogging for four years! Who'd of thunk it?

I'd like to thank everyone who has ever left a comment on the blog. Comments are a reinforcement that what I'm writing is of value to anyone besides myself. They are the icing on the cake! Thank you.

Thanks also to everyone who has taken an interest in what I write, those that subscribe via a feed-reader and those that visit the blog. I realize that many of my “new” readers may not have an interest in family history and that the main reason you've been reading is because of the traveling and the accompanying photographs. I'm glad you came along for the ride and hope that you'll stick around because The Journey will resume some day.

In the meantime there will be mostly family history type posts for the foreseeable future. The subject of the current series of posts is the biography of my Grandmother. There will soon be another series dealing with my Berlin ancestors - John and Susanna (Hoffman) Berlin - and the nearly 40 letters to and from and among their children during the Civil War era through the 1870s.

Last year was an amazing year for me as I traveled around the United States, through part of Canada and to Alaska. The last post of 2010 highlighted my favorite places and the first post of 2011 listed the top genealogy posts at kinexxions for last year.

It is sometimes interesting to look back to see some of the things written in previous years... usually a “year end” post was written that highlighted “the best” or “the favorites” of that year... 20072008 – hmm, looks like I didn't do a “round up” in 2009! So instead I'll point you toward a listing of the posts I've contributed to the Carnival of Genealogy.

Thanks for hanging around. It's been fun. And I hope to be around a bit longer...

17 comments:

Barbara Poole said...

Well a huge congratulations goes out to you Becky for giving readers four years worth of excellent blogs to read. Although your trip posts probably couldn't be topped by anybody, your genealogy articles are also top notch. (On a personal note, I don't usually read a series, until it is completed, then read at the same time, that is why I haven't commented yet.) Now go celebrate with some cake!

Karen K said...

Congratulations Becky! I really enjoy the photo's of your travels. You do a great job. I don't comment as much as I probably should, but I do check in quite frequently! Keep up the great work - best wishes for many more great blogging years!

Carol said...

Congrats! FOUR times over!!

Sheri Fenley said...

Becky Dahling!

For you and this special occasion - A song!

HAPPY BLOGAVERSARY TO YOU, HAPPY BLOGAVERSARY TO YOU, HAPPY BLOGAVERSARY DEAR BEEEECKYYYY, HAPPY BLOGAVERSARY TO YOUUUU!

Kathryn Lake Hogan said...

Happy Blogaversary Greetings, Becky! Here's to four and many more to come.

Bill West said...

Happy Blogiversary, Becky!

my Heritage Happens said...

Happy Blogiversary Becky! Congratulations on four wonderful years!

Thomas MacEntee said...

Happy blogiversary! You run a great blog and I've been a big fan almost from the beginning!

Jasia said...

Happy blogiversary, Becky! As one of my oldest and dearest blogging buddies you have a special place in my heart. I've enjoyed your writing from the beginning and I still enjoy each and every article. Thanks for 4 great years!

Unknown said...

Becky, Congratulations and Happy Blogiversary! Hope that you enjoy many more!

Greta Koehl said...

One of the first genealogy blogs I ever read and one I always hoped to emulate - congratulations!

Elizabeth O'Neal said...

Happy blogaversary, Becky! May you have many more!

Travis LeMaster said...

Congratulations! You were one of the first GeneaBloggers I discovered and I have enjoyed reading your posts.

Linda Edwards said...

Becky, Congratulations on your blogaversary. I only started following Kinexxions in Sep/Oct because my relatives are from Elkhart and Kosciusko counties, mostly. Am enjoying The Life of Hazlette Brubaker and have been inspired to take a road trip to Columbia City.

BDM said...

Happy blogiversary! You had an Incredible Journey this year. Family history and travel are two compatible subjects for a blog, IMO!

Michelle Goodrum said...

Congratulations on 4 years of blogging. I guess this makes you an old timer too (in the blogging world that is). LOL

Seriously, you have an awesome blog and you have changed my outlook on how to travel and how to enjoy life to the fullest while carrying a light load. The ScanSnap will change my life too.

Charley "Apple" Grabowski said...

Belated but very Happy Blogiversary!