Thursday, January 12, 2012

Kinexxions is Five Years Old Today!!

In August of 2007, just seven months after I had started blogging, I wrote a post titled Why Blog Genealogy? Why not? in which I stated my focus was “to present the genealogy and history of the families that I am researching, and, hopefully, to reach out to others who are interested in the same families. I wasn't sure if anyone else would be interested in what I had to say, but how would I know if I didn't try?” In that post I also listed several pros and cons of blogging your genealogy that I think still apply today.

Five years later, my primary goal is still the same, as are my reasons for blogging.

That said, there is that little matter of wanderlust that seems to have taken over my life! But that too has taken another turn. This past year I was able to spend a total of 10 weeks at the Family History Library in Salt Lake City! As a result, less time was devoted to traveling and more to the ancestors. I think they were trying to tell me something!

I'd like to thank everyone who has taken an interest in what I write, those that subscribe via a feed-reader and those that visit the blog. Thanks too go to everyone who has left a comment on the blog or contacted me directly. Comments are a reinforcement that what I'm writing is of value to anyone besides myself. Thank you.

I can't say yet what the future will bring or what paths I'll follow, but I do know (hope) that blogging will continue to play a role...

24 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy blogoversary!

Éire Historian said...

Happy Blogiversary to You! May you enjoy many more years of genealogy blogging.

Cheers to you ,
Jennifer

Jasia said...

Happy blogoversary Becky! I look forward to the next 5 years!

Donna - What's Past is Prologue said...

Congrats, Becky! Here's to many more years of blogging from you!

Charley "Apple" Grabowski said...

Happy blogiversary Becky! Looking forward to more of what you found in SLC and where the road takes you.

BDM said...

Congratulations on your 5th anniversary. Please continue to tell us about your road trips and share the wonderful photos!
Brenda

Carol said...

Happy Blogiversary! Congrats, and bring on MORE! Your photos are wonderful and your family research it top notch, bar none! I'll be reading!

Debbie said...

Happy blogiversary!!!

Bill West said...

Happy Blogiversary, Becky!

Lisa Wallen Logsdon said...

Happy Blogiversary Becky!

Anonymous said...

Happy Blogiversary - I love seeing the States vicariously through your blog and have learned a lot about our shared family ancestors. Keep it up! Babs

Charles said...

Happy Blogiversary I too love the pictures you take, I have visited a few of the places you have and hope to visit the rest after I retire.

Michelle Goodrum said...

Happy 5th Becky! I love everything you write and the pictures you share. Looking forward to meeting you at RootsTech in a couple of weeks. If you come through the Phoenix area on your way, to SLC drop me a line. Maybe we can meet for lunch. turningofgenerations at cox dot net

Michelle

Greta Koehl said...

Happy 5th Blogoversary! I look forward to reading more about your research and travels, and seeing more of your beautiful photographs.

Kathryn Doyle said...

Congratulations, Becky, on your fifth blogiversary! I'm looking forward to spending time with you on your next trip west.

Barbara Poole said...

First, congratulations in a big way...I bet in five years you've seen and heard it all in the world of genealogy blogs. Yours is one I never miss, both for your genealogy and your travels, I've been a lot of places with you via your posts. Thank you.

Amy Coffin, MLIS said...

Happy blogiversary to you!

Steve Danko said...

Congratulations on five years, Becky! From what I can see, there are very few genealogy blogs where the author has regularly posted for that long!

Brett Payne said...

Congratulations Becky, and here's to another five.

Claudia said...

Congratulations....

Celia Lewis said...

Congratulations - I'm reading everything I can, and yours is definitely worthwhile! I'm thinking 10 weeks in SLCity... Wow!

Family Curator said...

Congrats, Becky, and many more. I love reading about your adventures and discoveries.

Becky Wiseman said...

Thanks everyone. Your wonderful comments are greatly appreciated.

Anonymous said...

I surely have enjoyed reading your blog, Becky. I look forward to the next five years. Joann