William Goodrich is my 10th great grandfather and my immigrant ancestor in the Goodrich line. In 1648 he married Sarah Marvin in Hartford County in the Connecticut Colony. The Goodrich clan remained in Connecticut for over 150 years and it is possible that some of William's descendants still live there. However, my 6th great grandfather, John Goodrich, removed to Ohio with his family about 1805. John's wife was Abigail Price and they would have nine children. Their firstborn child, Bela, was my 5th great grandfather and he would settle in Whitley County, Indiana in 1838.
William Goodrich and Sarah Marvin
- My Greatest Genealogical Find Ever? January 02, 2008 [Nine of my ancestors traveled to New England together on the same ship! Joslin, Kilbourne, and Marvin. All three connect to the Goodrich family.]
- Roadblock - Abigail Price Goodrich March 04, 2008 [Mother of Bela Goodrich]
- Gravestones don't lie? When did Bela die? June 19, 2007
- Roadblock - Sally Church November 04, 2007 [Wife of Bela Goodrich]
- The Battle of Shiloh (Pittsburg Landing) April 6-7, 1862 April 7, 2007 [Ralph Goodrich, possible son of Bela and Sally]
Post date adjusted December 29, 2012 so that when a search for the surname is done on the blog this post will appear first the search list.