1. Best Picture - Best old family photo that appeared on your blog in 2009. Tell us which you liked best and why.
I really, really like the Wiseman Siblings and the photo of Aunt Pat and Uncle Bob is one of my all time favorites but I've selected Little Darlings! Who are you? as this years' winner. They are some of my unknowns and they are rather unusual photographs. They aren't ancestors, but they are likely relatives, though I still don't know who they are!
2. Best Screen Play - Which family story that you shared in 2009 would make the best movie? Who would you cast as your family members?
For this category, it would have to be the series of posts written about how my grandmother connected with her 2nd cousin, Irwin Joslin. It likely wouldn't play to a wide audience, but it is sure to have genealogists riveted to their seats. Yeah, right.
Angela Lansbury would be perfect for the role of my grandmother. And how about Sam Elliott to portray Irwin? I just love Sam's voice, among other things. And maybe Megan Smolenyak could take on the role of Mrs. Wessler? If not, perhaps one of the actors from the History Detectives would.
- Joslin Family :: First Contact
- Joslin Family :: Grandma Responds to Irwin's Letter
- Joslin Family :: Irwin's Letter of March 25th
- Joslin Family :: Grandma Invites Irwin to Visit
- Joslin Family :: Irwin Visits Grandma
It would be interesting to see how Ken Burns might handle a topic like Warnings Out in New England. The entry for my ancestor, recorded in Jonas Joslin :: Warning Out, 1814 wasn't really very informative, but in reading through some of the other entries in the ledger at the Town Clerk's Office in Charlotte and in the Rollins book, it appears to me that there are some incredible stories therein that could and should be told.
4. Best Biography - Which was the best biographical article you wrote in 2009?
In looking over my posts, I see that I didn't really write any other biographies last year! Books have been written about The Reverend Mr. Stoever, a controversial character for his time. My little piece about John Caspar Stoever and the Hebron Lutheran Church certainly doesn't do him justice.
5. Best Comedy - Which was the best funny story, poem, joke, photo, or video that you shared on your blog in 2009?
Ah, well. 'Twas just a little prank for April Fool's day, but I can't help dreaming of receiving, The Best Gift - Ever!