John Rupert and his wife Barbara are my 5th Great Grandparents, through their daughter Eva who married Conrad Yarian. They moved to Hanover Township, Columbiana County, Ohio between 1803 and 1808, probably from Adams County, Pennsylvania.
A recent research trip (May-June 2011) to the Family History Library in Salt Lake City resulted in several “big finds” in regards to John and Barbara, namely his estate file and his will, which named his living children!
Below are the posts that have been written thus far on John Rupert and his family:
- They were Shouting “Hey! What About Me?” - - June 20, 2011
- Father of Eva Rupert :: Is it John or Adam? - - June 21, 2011
- Delving into the Deeds - - June 22, 2011
- Oh, John? I'm Looking for You! - - June 23, 2011 Land records provide a clue.
- Ah, Yes! John Rupert... - - June 24 2011 Includes image and transcription of his will.
- The Estate of John Rupert :: Executors Bond - - June 25, 2011
- The Estate of John Rupert :: Goods and Chattels - - June 26, 2011
- The Estate of John Rupert :: Bill of Sale - - June 27, 2011
- The Estate of John Rupert :: Widows Allowance - - June 28, 2011
- The Estate of John Rupert :: The First “Final Account” - - June 29, 2011
- The Estate of John Rupert :: The final “Final Account” - - June 30, 2011
- Data Mining :: Who is Who? And how do they fit? - - July 5, 2011 A compilation of Land Patents, Property Tax Lists, and Census Records for Rupert families in Columbiana County, Ohio
- John Rupert and Family - - July 9, 2011 A summary of what is known about John and his children.
Originally posted on July 2, 2011 :: Last Updated on July 9, 2011
Post date adjusted December 29, 2012 so that when a search for the surname is done on the blog this post will appear first the search list.