Friday, February 05, 2010

Genea-Bloggers Meet in Pensacola!

I've been enjoying my stay here in Pensacola amidst a little sunshine and lots of rain, but at least the temperature has been bearable.

One day as I was perusing the never-ending list of blogs that I subscribe too I remembered that there was someone staying nearby. So I sent off an email and was pleased to learn that Carol of Reflections From the Fence was indeed nearby and willing to meet up for lunch. After a little hitch in the plans (her hubby, aka "Man" was sick and had to pay a visit to a clinic for meds) we met at the Vallarta Restaurant and spent a very pleasant couple of hours visiting and talking about a lot of different things. Good company, good food. Nothing's better than that. Thanks Carol.

Carol wrote about our visit and posted a photo taken by Man while in the restaurant. I had left my camera in the van and when we came outside it was raining, so I didn't get any photos of us.

But I can't have a post about my trip without including a photo ;-) ... these were taken on February 3rd at Big Lagoon State Park, southwest of Pensacola.

At 2:20 p.m. there were blue skies and sunshine.

An hour later the clouds had moved in.

3 comments:

Carol said...

It was our pleasure to meet for lunch, even with the little detour we did to the clinic for Man.

LOVE that first photo, and, wahhhoooo, it has a fence! And fence has a shadow!

Looks like a great place Becky!

Can't wait to see where your travels take you next.

Terri said...

I've been looking through your blog at all the gorgeous photo's - great job Becky! Makes me wish I was on your trip too!

Linda Hughes Hiser said...

I am beginning to think that RVing is for me. Enjoy the rest of your trip.