Friday, February 19, 2010

A "Special" Sunrise!



Why is this sunrise special? 'Tis the anniversary of my birth! The morning of February 17th was a little chilly but it turned out to be a splendid day. A beautiful sunrise. Blue Skies. Sunshine All Day. Temperatures in the upper 60s.

After spending three days in San Antonio with my friend Diana (also a Joslin cousin, 3rd cousin once removed - and thanks Diana for your hospitality!) I checked the weather forecast and saw that Padre Island and Corpus Christi were supposed to have several really nice days, I headed back east. I wasn't disappointed.

I arrived at Padre Island National Seashore at about noon on Tuesday to clear skies and sunshine and left on Thursday morning with gray clouds blanketing the sky and blocking out the sun. But it was still warm! Two days of strolling the beach and soaking up the vitamin D. Quite nice, thank you very much.

9 comments:

Barbara Poole said...

Becky,
Happy Belated Birthday, and I can see that it was indeed special. Loved your photos, esp. since I live in Massachusetts. Can't wait to get some sun as well. Thanks for brightening up my day! Cheers.
Barbara

Sheri Fenley said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR BEEECKKYY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUU!

Janet Iles said...

Belated happy birthday, Becky. The sunrise is beautiful. I love your photographs.

Jasia said...

Belated happy birthday Becky! I'm so glad you finally found some really nice weather and scenery... no better way to celebrate your birthday!

Terry Thornton said...

Becky, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Thanks for sharing the photo gift too.

Carol said...

Belated Happy BD!! You picked a spectacular place to celebrate!!

Greta Koehl said...

Happy Birthday! What a great place to be on your birthday.

Steve Danko said...

I hope you had a wonderful birthday, Becky! And congratulations on being named a Top 40 blog!

Charley "Apple" Grabowski said...

A very belated, very Happy Birthday to you!