Thursday, July 12, 2007

Sunday January 18, 1970 ~ Letter from Boot Camp

This is the 15th, and last, in a series of letters written home while I was in Basic Training. Click on the "Boot Camp" label at the bottom of the post to see all of the letters.

Recruit Training Command (Women)
U. S. Naval Training Center
Bainbridge, Maryland ~ 18 Jan 1970

Hi Mom,

This will be the last letter I write while here, in fact, I'll probably be home before you get it. Friday we found out who the honorwoman of the company was. It was Cynthia Dias - she is from Hawaii and is a great kid - I really like her and so does everyone else. This week was our final week of inspections. One of our personnel inspections was in light blues and they really hit everyone on them. I got a 2.8 on that. The CC inspection was 4.0, bunk 3.0, cube 3.1, locker 3.63 and average was 3.33. Monday is our final academic tests. Hurrah!

We get paid Wednesday and after I buy everything I need I'm only going to have about $15.00 left. That won't last very long I'm afraid.

Have to go to mess now. I'll see you in about a week.

Love, Becky.


P. S. Went to Washington, D. C. yesterday - had fun.

No comments: