I use Legacy and have since Version 2, oh, a few years ago. Started out with a DOS version of PAF, moved to Family Tree Maker, then to Generations, tried out a few others too, but finally found what I wanted with Legacy.
She has more details on her post, but to summarize, the new and or enhanced features she mentions are:
- Will be able to show non-blood related relationships.
- Enhanced IGI Search feature [bw - I'll admit I've never used this feature since until a year ago I was on dial-up access and just haven't taken the time since then to use it.]
- SOURCE TEMPLATES. Legacy has built their new source templates around Elizabeth Shown Mills' "Evidence" guidelines.
- Will have the ability to CREATE FOOTNOTES.
- With Legacy Multimedia you will be able to attach Documents as RTF or PDF format. [previously you could attach them but had to use a work-a-round. Actually you don't really attach files to the database, a link to the file is created.]
- Interview Questions. You can now get a list of tons of interview questions to ask your relatives. You can even select what relative you are interviewing and the questions will be geared toward them.
- Better CHARTS. Legacy 7 will have the combined features of PAF Companion and TreeDraw built right into it.
Something else to look forward to! Yee-hah! Actually, I was hoping they would have it ready for the FGS Conference next month. Hopefully they will be exhibiting there and will at least have Version 7 on display.