Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Wordles Wednesday

No, that isn't a typo. And no, don't worry, this won't be a feature every Wednesday ;-)

Last week when footnoteMaven passed around the Wordle virus to the genea-blogosphere with her post Let Me Get A Wordle In Edgewise, I didn't have time to play. She did a follow-up with Do Not! I Repeat - DO NOT - Read This Post! With links to other genea-Wordles and some other fun stuff.

In school, and the Navy, I was nearly the last in line for everything (surname Wiseman, right). And have a tendency to be a bit late for meetings and appointments. Not on purpose, though it might seem so. Anyway, as the saying goes "Better Late Than Never" here are my contributions to the genea-Wordle-world. One is for the surnames in my Mom's lines, and the other is for my Dad's lines. The size of the name is dependent upon how many ancestors have been entered in my database with that name. As always, click on the images to see a larger version.



2 comments:

TERRY SNYDER said...

Very cute. I sympathize with your end of the alphabet problems. The only time it was a plus, (I was an "s" for Sloan) was in Latin Class when I hadn't finihed translating my assignment and the teacher loved going in alphabetical order.

Becky Wiseman said...

Rarely, someone would decide to do things in reverse alphabetical order. My response was panic! OMG I have to be first? Most of the time I was glad to be last, or nearly so. Least everyone knew when they got to me it (whatever it was) was about over!!