CHRISTIAN / SCHUDER / DIED / SEPT. 2, 1885 / AGED / 72 Y. 1 Mo. / & 14 Ds.
SARAH / WIFE OF / C. SCHUDER / DIED / JUNE 14, 1883 / AGED / 66 Y. 4 Mo. / & 12 D's.
The last digit in the year on Sarah's marker is difficult to read, even using the "foil" method but I think it is 1883. Birth dates, below, were calculated from their age on the markers and dates of death.
Christian is the son of Christian Schuder Sr. and Anna Eva Christina Stoever. He was born July 19, 1813 in Montgomery County, Ohio. Sarah was born February 2, 1817 and, according to census records, Pennsylvania was her place of birth, parents unknown. Christian and Sarah were married on December 22, 1842 in Montgomery County, Ohio. Sometime between 1860 and 1870 they moved to Jackson Township, Elkhart County, Indiana. Between 1870 and 1880 they moved a short distance to Van Buren Township, Kosciusko County.
Christian and Sarah (Huntsicker) Schuder were the parents of six children, all born in Montgomery County, Ohio. Two children died young. Only two of their children had children.
- Clinton Newell Schuder (1843-1858) died when 14 years old.
- Isaac Shuder (1846-1905) married Nancy Jane Lavering, had nine children. They are my great-grandparents. Their daughter Elsie married Charles Wilson Wiseman.
- Louisa Dora Schuder (1849-1922) never married. No children.
- Sarah Ann Schuder (1851-1853) was about 18 months old when she died.
- Diana "Anna" Schuder (1854-1902) married Solomon Coy. No children.
- Malen Schuder (1856-1920) married Alice Clem and had three children: Floyd, Ethel, and Dora.