Saturday, April 03, 2010

Picacho Peak State Park

Located forty miles north of Tucson, just off of Interstate 10, Picacho Peak State Park is where I spent the night after my brief visit to Saguaro National Park. It is a lovely place but I was most delighted to find that it had showers! With hot water! Heavenly.

The peak for which the park is named, Picacho. The description of the trail to the top was listed as strenuous. Having driven most of the day and arriving just an hour before sunset, I didn't quite feel up to a strenuous hike. I did take a little walk around the campground though.


Photographs taken on March 15, 2010.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I think you deserve the Ancestor Approve blog award. You can find out more here: http://genblogjulie.blogspot.com/2010/04/this-blog-is-ancestor-approved.html. Keep up the good work!!

P.S. Great photos!!