Sunday, February 15, 2009

The 2008 iGene Awards for Kinexxions

The Academy of Genealogy and Family History, aka AGFH, was created last year by Jasia as a means for us to be able to spotlight and honor our "best" posts of the year. And it is that time of the year, again! It was really difficult to select just one post (okay, maybe two) in each category. So, without further ado, here are the posts that have been selected as "The Best of the Best!" here at kinexxions in 2008…

Best Picture - Best old family photo that appeared on your blog in 2008.

It is truly a blessing to possess so many wonderful family photographs, but I really couldn't pick just one of them, so you get a trio of charming images from the past with Little Billy, the Gentleman Farmer, and The Hover Children :: All Dressed Up.

Best Screen Play - Which family story that you shared in 2008 would make the best movie? Who would you cast as your family members?

A distant relative, Robert Quillen was truly An Independent Spirit. Well known during his lifetime, his name and deeds have nearly been forgotten, even in his adopted hometown. Richard Gere would be perfect playing the part of Robert. Good-looking, charming, a bit adventurous and daring, but a down-to-earth sort of fella.

Best Documentary - Best informational article you wrote in 2008 about a place, thing, or event involving your family's history?

The Case of the $12 Box Coat, in which an 1844 court case may provide clues to family relationships, was interesting to review and dissect, but I have to admit, locating the home of my 3rd great grandfather in Huntington County was far more exciting!

Best Biography - Best biographical article you wrote in 2008?

This would be the two-part post on my great grandparents, Maude Wise Brubaker Yontz and Charles Romain Brubaker. Star-crossed lovers, perhaps, who got off to a rocky start, fumbled their way through the first 20 years of marriage, to finally separate and go on to live their own separate lives.

Best Comedy - Best funny story, poem, joke, photo, or video that you shared on your blog in 2008?

It's not anything I did or wrote, but I can't help but laugh every time I see these Two Stylish Ladies in their swimsuits. My grandmother and her sister Jane having a fun time at the lake. It brought back some nice memories of times spent at Goose Lake when I was (much) younger.

4 comments:

Julie said...

You've been awarded the KreativBlogger award!

Harriet said...

Wow! I can't believe 3 of the 7 people I picked have been nominated already. I have enjoyed your blog.

JoLyn said...

Looks like I'm not the first, but I've awarded you the Kreativ Blogger Award! You can pick it up at www.upbothways.com and pass it on!

Taylorstales-Genealogy said...

Greetings Becky. I have nominated you for the Kreativ Blogger award! You can pick it up at my blog--
http://taylorstales-genealogy.blogspot.com

Your blog is wonderful friend!