#21 is the mother of #10, who is the father of #5, who is the mother of #2, thus:
#2 Jack William Wiseman, my fatherSarah Nancy Huntsicker was born February 2, 1817 and died June 14, 1882. She is buried with her husband in Syracuse Cemetery, Kosciusko County, Indiana. According to the 1850, 1860 & 1870 census records, Sarah was born in Pennsylvania. In 1880 her place of birth is listed as Ohio. Names of her parents are not known at this time.
#5 Elsie Shuder, my grandmother
#10 Isaac Shuder, my great grandfather
#21 Sarah Nancy Huntsicker, my great-great grandmother
On December 22, 1842 Sarah Huntsticker was married to Christian Schuder in Montgomery County, Ohio (Volume A2, Page 270) by John Burnett. Christian's older brother, Peter Schuder (1799-1867), was married to Rebecca Barbara Huntsicker (1807-1865). Christian and Peter were the sons of Christian Sr. and Anna Eva Christina (Stoever) Schuder.
Federal census records show that in 1850 (p377) and 1860 (p11) Christian and Sarah Schuder were living in Jefferson Township, Montgomery County, Ohio. By 1870 the family had moved to Elkhart County, Indiana and were found residing in Jackson Township (p380). In 1880, the family was found in Van Buren Township in neighboring Kosciusko County, Indiana (p14b).
Sarah's occupation would have been that of a mother and wife. Christian was listed as a farmer, farm laborer, and laborer in the federal census records. Details of their life together are not known, but Christian and Sarah Nancy (Huntsicker) Schuder were the parents of six children.
- Clinton Newell Schuder (1843-1858)
- Isaac Schuder/Shuder (1846-1905) - Isaac and his family dropped the "c" and used the spelling of "Shuder" for their surname. Isaac married Nancy Jane Lavering. They had nine children, one of whom was Elsie Shuder, my grandmother.
- Louisa Dora Schuder (1849-1922) - Louisa never married.
- Sarah Ann Schuder (1851-1853)
- Diana "Anna" Schuder (1854-1902) - Diana married Solomon Coy; they had no children.
- Malen Schuder (1856-1920) - Malen married Alice Clem. They had three children; Floyd, Ethel, and Dora. Ethel and Dora did not have any children; Floyd had one son, Evard Schuder. I don't know whether or not Evard had any children.