Thursday, September 10, 2009

Schooldaze

When I began posting my yearly school pictures, I didn't know that the footnoteMaven was going to make "School Days" the topic for the next edition of her "Smile For The Camera" carnival...

Hmm, since I'm in Kansas right now, it seems appropriate to send you off to a post from two years ago... Past its Prime. Or perhaps two posts from earlier in 2007 - Hale Brubaker was a teacher at Crow's Corner School in Whitley County, Indiana in 1904 and his niece and nephew attended Scott School in Troy Township in 1914.

Well, I suppose, since this is supposed to be a post for a "photo" carnival, I should include one here... so here 'tis, a portrait of me drawn by a schoolchild in 1978 while I was on assignment at the Navy base in Yokosuka, Japan.

2 comments:

Sheri Fenley said...

You must have carried your camera with you all the time? Kids - gotta love 'em. Great to see yourself through their eyes.

Thomas MacEntee said...

Love the picture! And how is your trip going? If you find yourself anywhere near Chicago soon please let me know!