Monday, February 28, 2011

June 3rd 1866 :: Lydia Collins to Lizzie

Randolph June 3th 1866

Dear Sister Lizzie

I have been waiting this long time to here from you but do not get any letters & so have come to the conclusion that I did not answer your last letter. it has been so long I have forgotten. This has been a long lonly day. has been raining all day. I have been a home all day. no person to speak to till just at night. Father came in. I stay here a lone in this great house. I can tell you this is lonely but I do not feel contented any where els. I go and stay with Sarah some. the last time I was there I staid nearly three weeaks. I got so home sick but I felt it my duty to stay with her. she weeand her baby while I was there. she has got such a pretty baby. it did seem so cruel to weean such a little thing as it was only six months old. but it is all well enough now.

Sarahs health is Some better but I can tell you she is not well yet. I went to Ravenna last monday. I cald at her house. found her on the bed. had no girl. it was impossible for me to stay as I had left things in such a way that it was nessary I should go home. I have thought of her so much. shall go up this weeak & stay if I can get a way to go. I do not want to a larm you. she says she is getting better & I do not think she looks as bad as she did but she looks bad enough. I shall come home this summer if she gets so she can go two. I think it would do her good to see you all.

George is real kind & good to Sarah & she has things real good in her house. they have kept a hired girl most of the time for six months. paid her 2 dollars a week besides paying a pretty heavy Doctors bill & to finish with there cow dide; but Georg never complains. he is all ways good natured & makes the best of everything.

Marys Health is not very good. she is ingering her health a working in that office. I think she will not stay there much longer. I will close give my love to all. write soon. you ma think this letter does not amount to much but I do not know what to write to interest you. good bye. write soon and all the news.

Lydia Collins
==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==

Sarah gave birth to her first child, Susie Elizabeth Greene, on September 27, 1865.

See The Berlin Family :: List of The Letters for a complete listing of all of the family letters.

No comments: