Thursday, October 11, 2012

The Ebb and Flow of the Tide...

On my first visit to the Schoodic Peninsula, when the tide had been low, we had noticed a little house along an inlet that had a dock on stilts. We had driven past it before we realized what we had seen. On the 17th when we left Acadia National Park and headed 'down east' I stopped and photographed that little house. I would go by it on two more occasions, when the tide was at different levels. I guess you could say I was a little fascinated by the tides and how different it looked under the various conditions. If you ever get there, this little spot is on the right side of the road, just as you exit the National Park on the Schoodic Peninsula.

 At high tide, or thereabouts. 12:43 pm on September 17th.

 Not quite low tide, at 10:48 am on September 21st. It was a cloudy, rather dreary day.

At low tide.  3:14 pm September 27th.


1 comment:

Carol said...

Ohhh myyyy! Thanks for this.