Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Just Another Sunset...

These pictures almost weren't taken. As I was sitting at the picnic table at the Sebastian Inlet State Park Campground, getting eaten up by the tiniest little critters I have ever seen, I decided to go for a walk. I usually take my camera but for some reason didn't this time. As soon as I got to the road and saw the clouds over the water, I turned around and went back for it.

Interesting clouds. Nice, yes?
But I didn't think the sunset was all that spectacular.
I should have known better.
4:53 p.m.

But then I walked further down the road.
And the sun got lower.
And the clouds changed.
And I zoomed in a bit.
5:04 p.m.

A change of position and I zoomed in a bit more.
5:06 p.m.

Just a little further down the road.
5:14 p.m.

It just got better with each passing minute.
5:17 p.m.

And then it was over.
5:22 p.m.

Day is done, gone the sun,
From the lake, from the hills, from the sky;
All is well, safely rest, God is nigh.

One version of the History of Taps

I can't pass up a good sunset. Especially one that combines clouds and water. The perfect subjects. Mother Nature showing off yet again.

Just as a side note, the only “adjustment” made to these pictures was to resize them for posting to the blog. The colors and contrasts are just as they were captured by the camera. All I did was press the shutter button. They are, quite simply, Mother Nature at her awesome best!

Posted from the Brevard County Public Library, Melbourne Branch. Thanks to their free Wi-fi.

7 comments:

Carol said...

Sunsets are never JUST another! Fab photos!

Terry Thornton said...

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing these lovely photos.

Wishing you good times, good friends, good health, good cheer. HAPPY HOLIDAYS.

Terry Thornton
Fulton, Mississippi

Linda Hughes Hiser said...

Sunsets over water....does it get any better than that.....I think not. Wonderful photos. Happy Holidays

Jasia said...

Lovely!

Amy Coffin said...

Gorgeous!

Janice Tracy said...

Such gorgeous photos! Thank you for sharing them.

TK said...

I'd say your camera was at its awesome best too! Spectacular!