Thursday, December 31, 2009

Kinexxions in 2009

The year 2009 started out the same as any other year but took a little twist early-on when I got sick and had surgery in February. There's something about being bed-ridden and being unable to do much of anything or go anywhere. You're kind of like a prisoner in your own mind. For me, it was a time for reevaluating my life and the impetus for finally getting 'around to it' and doing something that I had been wanting to do for a very long time.

In February the decision was made to do some extended travel. A date was set. Plans were made. Furniture was sold. Stuff was disposed of or boxed up for storage. Documents and photos were scanned so I'd have my research papers with me. A new vehicle was purchased. It was a hectic, nerve-wracking time but when September came, I started a new chapter in my life.

I didn't leave genealogy completely behind but it was put on the back-burner. There were new adventures in store and it was very exciting. As every year comes to a close, we tend to review accomplishments and goals. And so it is with the blog. The lists below include some of my favorite posts from 2009 as well as some that were most popular, in no particular order.

The 'Top 10' Genealogy Posts
Five Favorite Family Photos
Favorite Five Travel Posts

No comments: