Thursday, December 16, 2010

Family Tree Magazine 40 Best Genealogy Blogs

The nominees were announced for the Family Tree Magazine 2011 “40 Best Genealogy Blogs” earlier this week. My congratulations go out to all of the nominees...

Voting closes at midnight on Monday December 20th, so you still have a few days to make your selections. Five nominees are to be chosen in each of the eight categories: Everything, Cemeteries, Technology, Heritage Groups, Research Advice/How-to, Local/Regional Research, New Blogs, and My Family History. Family Tree Magazine will announce the results in their July 2011 issue.

Thomas MacEntee has a comprehensive list of the nominees, which includes the name of the person who writes the blog. Quite a few blogs that I'm not familiar with made the list. And quite a few that I thought should be there aren't. But that is the nature of lists and open nominations. You can't vote for kinexxions since I haven't been blogging about my genealogy this year (and, no, I didn't expect to be on the list) but you can cast your vote for those you deem worthy of the honor. So, Go Vote!

No comments: