Saturday, December 01, 2007

My Genealogy Wish List

Dear Genea-Santa, I hope I'm not too late in putting together my wish list for the upcoming Carnival of Genealogy, I really don't want to miss it, but I've been a bit busy since getting home from my recent trip to Missouri and Kansas. I want to thank you for that, it was really nice visiting with distant cousins and getting reacquainted with them. I'd like to be able to attend cousin Ruth's 80th birthday party next year, she was born on the 4th of July you know, and I think it would be fun to go to Louisiana to celebrate with her and the rest of her family.

While we are on the topic of the Joslin family (cousin Ruth's maiden name is Joslin, you know) I'd sure like to learn whatever happened to Lysander and Lydia's son John Lafayette Joslin. The last record we have of him is from the family bible where it says that John married Mattie on September 29, 1890. We don't know where they were married or where they lived. We've found Lysander and Lydia's other children, so it would be nice to find out something about John.

It would also be nice to find out a little bit more about Lysander's maternal grandmother, Sally Church. Actually, we're not even sure that her name is Sally Church, so if you could provide more information, or even a clue, about her it would be greatly appreciated. For that matter we don't know much about Lysander's paternal grandmother either. Ruth Dyer is her name. There are a lot more genealogical puzzles that I need help with, but these will do for now, I don't want to appear to be too greedy, and I'd like for you to help out some others with their roadblocks as well.

I did notice that some of the other genea-bloggers were asking for more time to work on their family history. Santa, since I retired earlier this year (and for that I thank you immensely) I've got more time to spend on this addiction, but I sure could use a little more energy. That drive back from Kansas this week really wiped me out, my git up and go got up and went, so I could use a special potion or something to help renew my energy stockpile!

Just one more thing. Since I have more time now, could you help me use it a little better? I'm really trying to get organized but am having trouble getting started. There is so much to do!

Oh, well, I guess I lied, there is one more thing, and since this is a "wish list" and I'm asking for the impossible anyway, I figure I might as well add the Whole-Genome Sequencing which was recently announced by Knome. With a starting price of only $350,000 it shouldn't be a problem for you ;-)

Thank you so much Genea-Santa, for all the genea-gifts you've given me in the past. The best gift of all is meeting with extended family members and sharing discoveries. Thank you!

2 comments:

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

I hope at least one (if not all!) of your Genealogy Christmas Wishes comes true :)

Becky Wiseman said...

Thank you Nikki-Ann. I hope "Santa" is good to you too!