Sunday, June 05, 2011

Lunch, Flowers, and a Happy Dance (not mine)

Thursday, June 2nd - - Today Carol and I had lunch with the You Go Genealogy Girls, Cheri and Ruby. We heard research stories and were told that if they were repeated we would be endangering our lives! LOL. It was great fun and they are great story tellers.

It was a bright sunshiny day and we took our time strolling through the Temple gardens on the way back to The Library. Of course, we couldn't resist stopping to take pictures of the marvelous flowers. Such variety. So colorful.


I have no idea what kind of flower this is...


Same variety as the above but a different color.


Gorgeous white Iris. So difficult to photograph.


A close-up of the white Iris.


Purple Iris.


And, a close-up shot.

Later that afternoon, Carol found something that made her do a little jig at the microfilm reader. To be honest, I can't remember exactly what it was... but as we were walking out to the parking lot later she was still “full of it” with the dancing and smiling. It's fun to watch others with their reactions to a good find, but I'd sure like to experience it myself!


Congratulations, Carol...
And may you have many more opportunities to dance your little jig!

3 comments:

Carol said...

Unknown is a columbine! Good job on the white iris! It was a buggar to photograph.

Me thinks someone else did a happy dance later in the week - -

DO TELL!!!!

Barbara Poole said...

Yep, Carol is right, columbine. I have some in my yard. Enjoyable post Becky. You will be doing a dance soon, I'm sure.

Greta Koehl said...

Columbines and iris are two of my favorite flowers - beautiful!