Monday, May 30, 2011

Honoring Those Who Served


Leavenworth National Cemetery, Leavenworth, Kansas May 6, 2011

Today is Memorial Day, The Day in which we honor those Veterans who have given their Lives for our Freedom.

Thankfully, I've had only a few ancestors who actually died while serving their country, but (also thankfully) I've had a lot of ancestors and family members who have served in the military.

I've written a bit about them before so here are the links to those previous posts:

The Veterans in my Family ~ Immediate family members and ancestors who have served from before Vietnam to the Revolution.

More Veterans in my Family - Part One ~ Siblings of ancestors who were Veterans of the War of 1812 and the Civil War

More Veterans in my Family - Part Two ~ Spanish American War and World War I Veterans who are related to me in some way.

More Veterans in my Family - Part Three ~ Veterans from World War II, Korea, and Vietnam. A few of these I actually have met!

To all of the men and women now serving in the United States and around the World to protect our Freedom, I say Thank You! And to all those young men and women who have given their lives while serving our country, Thank You is not enough, but I say it anyway! Thank You.

No comments: