Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Ah... Anastasia and St. Augustine

Tuesday March 15, 2011 - It probably comes as no surprise to many of you, Dear Readers, that after leaving Southern Georgia I ventured a little further south to St. Augustine and Anastasia Island State Park. Denise invited me over for supper Sunday evening (03/13) and then on Tuesday (03/15) Apple joined us for a tour of St. Augustine – with Denise as our own Personal Guide! It was wonderful. I've had the pleasure of touring the town with Denise several times before and each time the tour covers different territory and I learn something new. (Apple has already posted her version of the tour.) It was indeed a pleasure to spend time with these two friends!


The Lions were put up early Tuesday morning and are now dutifully guarding the entrance to the bridge to Anastasia Island. (Denise has a good shot of the bridge.)


Looking good after waiting a long time for the renovation.


Flagler Memorial Presbyterian Church.


Lovely flowers brightened the views.


Genea-friends: Apple, Denise and Becky.

7 comments:

Carol said...

Looks like you 3 had a fabulous day. WOOOHOOOO

Barbara Poole said...

Okay Becky, now you get to use your camera again, and take great photos... wanna make me jealous? Okay, I am. Glad you all had fun.

Charley "Apple" Grabowski said...

I had a great time! I'm looking forward to following your renewed travels.

Michelle Goodrum said...

Yeah! You got to get together with to blogging friends!

Steve Danko said...

Glad the three of you could get together. Wish I were there with you!

Sheri Fenley said...

It looks soooooo WARM there! I am so looking forward to following you on your travels again Dear Becky.

Greta Koehl said...

It sounds like a perfect day!