Thursday, March 24, 2011

In Case You Were Wondering...

Thursday March 24, 2011 - - I'm not where I was!

Shortly after my arrival at Seminole State Park in the southwest corner of Georgia, I was informed that a dear friend, Lorene Joslin, had suffered a major stroke, was in a coma, and was not expected to recover. Complying with her wishes, Lorene was put on Hospice Care the next day and was moved to a nursing home a short distance from her home in Springfield, Missouri.

Plans were made and on Saturday morning I left Georgia and went to Huntsville, Alabama. My friend Babs is a niece of Lorene's and we had decided to travel to Springfield together to help out the family in whatever way we could. We arrived in Springfield on Monday evening (March 21st).

Yesterday morning the doctor said the end would likely come within the next 48 hours. So now, it is simply a matter of waiting... which isn't really simple at all and definitely not easy, especially after the recent death of my mother and her sister.

A friend of Lorene's set up a site at Caring Bridge and her husband, George, has been able to keep distant family members updated. It is very moving to read the many comments of support for George and the tributes to Lorene. She is loved by many people whose lives she has touched in some way or another.

6 comments:

Michelle Goodrum said...

Oh Becky, I am so sorry! We will keep all of you in our prayers. Please remember to take care of yourself through all of this too.

Barbara Poole said...

Really sorry to hear this Becky. This has been a tough year for you already. Prayers are sent your way.

Carol said...

Prayers and hugs and tons of fairy dust. Sorry Becky, very sorry.

Greta Koehl said...

I am so very sorry to hear this bad news. Will keep you all in my prayers and hope you never have to endure another year like this one.

Susan Clark said...

I echo all these comments. You and those you love are in my prayers.

Charley "Apple" Grabowski said...

Becky, I am very you have to endure more sadness and loss. My prayers are with you.