Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Greetings from Arizona!

Thursday, December 1st - - The drive through Las Vegas was mostly uneventful. There was some rain and considerable wind, with gusts up to 40 mph. I'm not a fan of Las Vegas so had no intentions of spending time there. I really just wanted to get south to where I thought it would be warmer. But you know Mother Nature! Always changing things... I spent the night at Cattail Cove State Park south of Lake Havasu City, Arizona. The winds had dropped considerably and the sun was trying to come out from behind the heavy layer of clouds. It was rather cool but at least it wasn't raining!

Friday, December 2nd - - It seems that the winds that came through on Wednesday night also brought cooler temperatures with them. Daytime highs hadn't made it into the 50s and the lows were well into the 30s. A check of the weather on the internet for several places indicated that it was about the same all over southern Arizona. So much for finding a warm place to stay!

I continued south and stopped at Picacho Peak State Park for the night. I had been there at least twice before in my travels through Arizona and knew that it was a nice spot. They had made improvements to the campgrounds and all sites now had electricity. I arrived just before sunset and the clouds had broken up a bit so I decided to go for a walk with camera in hand. And I'm glad that I did!



6 comments:

Jasia said...

Those Arizona sunsets are lovely, aren't they?

Barbara Poole said...

So nice to see warm looking shots, esp. when I'm cold. Keep 'em coming all winter please.

Carol said...

Truly, is there much better than an Arizona sunset?? These are great.

Anonymous said...

And I'm glad you took a walk with your camera too! Love your pictures. Babs

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathy Reed said...

Beautiful! I have cousins who live in Arizona. I've only been there once -- but these pictures could convince you to visit.